Gary's Reviews > What the Dog Saw and Other Adventures

What the Dog Saw and Other Adventures by Malcolm Gladwell

Feb 19, 10

Recommended for: Gladwell fans who have not judiciously read all his work in The New Yorker
Read from October 28, 2009 to February 19, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

A fine book by Malcolm Gladwell. Fans of his writing will find much to like here, although those who have followed his work continuously in the pages of The New Yorker will not find anything they haven't seen before. Every selection in this book was originally published there. For me, that wasn't a problem, because I hadn't seen any of these before. I've listened to two Gladwell books (audio books) prior to this one, Outliers and Blink, and this is the first book I have read from him right after it came out. The subject matter of his essay vary quite a bit, from intelligence analysis to birth control pills to criminal profiling. I think Gladwell is an excellent writer and I will continue to read his work in the future. In fact, I have at least one of his latest essays in The New Yorker waiting for me right now! Time to go read that...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What the Dog Saw and Other Adventures.

01/04/2010 page 151
01/06/2010 page 177
42.86% "Intelligence officers aren't dependent on scraps from spies. They are inundated with information."
01/31/2010 page 199
48.18% "#Gladwell "On the street, they called him Smokey. He was missing most of his teeth. He had a wonderful smile.""
02/15/2010 page 336
81.36% "#Gladwell "Intelligence analysts would doubtlessly make poor policemen, and it has become very clear that policemen make poor...""