Kristi's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Oct 22, 2009

bookshelves: books-i-own, signed-books
Read on December 26, 2010

Why is this book good? Because it just is.

There was something very addicting about this book. Be warned you're going to pick it up to read a few chapters and you won't be able to stop. Have I ever mentioned how much I love, a love story. (Oh really... I've said that before? Like hundreds of times!?) This is the ultimate love story! It's such an wonderfully written contemporary YA... love story or not. It's fantastic. You need to read it. Seriously, go get a copy right now.

The characters 'made' this novel. Anna and St. Clair, may be the stars, but every character is just as well written. You feel like you're part of this group of friends... I really felt like I knew them.

And can I just say how fantastic this love story is. It's not the instant "love because it's love story" love, it's not the "instant love because there is a incredibly good looking guy who happens to be in the same vicinity of the main character" love. This is the gradual.... real, full of the good stuff love story. I'm swooning just thinking about it. No really, I am.

If you are looking for an extremely well written, contemporary novel with a charming love story, set in the most romantic place in the world... Anna and the French Kiss is the novel for you.

I am so very looking forward to more from this talented author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

12/26/2010 page 85
04/30/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

Vanessa Oooh! I loved this book, hope you do too!

message 2: by Elise (new) - added it

Elise I am so glad you liked this book!

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley How is it? Looks interesting.

message 4: by Liz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liz This looks like such a cute book, & it's gotten such great ratings! I'm glad to see you liked it too!

message 5: by Ale (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ale I loved this book too!! Great review!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I was afraid it was gonna be one of those 'instant love' romance novels, but after reading this review, I really want to go out and get a copy. It's been getting so many good reviews :)

Kassandra After reading Easy I'm feeling all warm and mooshy inside. I think I'll read this one next.

KelseyKES I love your review. This book was fantastic!!!

Bianca Allen Hey Kristi,

I love your review! This was such a sweet book and left me feeling warm and tingly on the inside. :-)

Any recent reads you are loving right now and would recommend to me?

I just finished The False Prince. It's a gripping, fast-paced story with tons of hilarious dialog. Also, I am not sure if you're into YA Contemporary, but I just read the most captivating book called Awakening Foster Kelly. The prose is gorgeous and the characters were so vivid -- I felt like I knew everyone in that book and now I have a hangover, lol. Anyway, I'll put the links at the bottom in case you're interested. Happy reading!

- b