Jeanette "Astute Crabbist"'s Reviews > A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Oct 22, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: all-fiction, fantasy, science-fiction, young-adult-books
Read in October, 2009

I do not like Meg. I really do not like Meg. She's a stubborn, whiny little brat.

I wasn't all that into this story until they got to the planet of Camazotz. Then it becomes sort of like a kids' book version of Brave New World, with "IT" instead of "soma."
"On Camazotz we are all happy because we are all alike. Differences create problems."
"We let no one suffer. It is so much kinder simply to annihilate anyone who is ill."

I'm not terribly wild about the in-your-face religious references in the book. That sort of thing needs to be used subtly or not at all. But perhaps this was more prevalent at the time the book was written.

Mrs. Whatsit is my favorite character. I think I'll start taking my fashion tips from her. I like Mrs. Who, also, with all her goofy quotes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wrinkle in Time.

Ellen I haven't gotten in to the book very much, but I'm at the part where Mrs. Whatsit transforms. Do u think that Mrs..... oh, geez, i forgot her name. Anyway, the woman who looks and acts like a witch is creepy? Mrs. Who is just plain annoying.