TK421's Reviews > Angels & Demons

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Jan 11, 12

bookshelves: pulp-detective-spy-crime

I liked this book. In as much as a person can like, say, cotton candy. It tastes good at first, but after a bit the taste starts to lose some of its sugary goodness and just becomes a sticky mess that you hope doesn't get in your hair or on your shirt.

The premise was interesting: I liked the whole Illuminati and church conspiracy. The suspense of the novel kept me engaged. But like I said, too much of a good thing just becomes problematic. To be honest, after a few hundred pages, the writing really started to annoy me. I wasn't expecting Dan Brown to give me something as well written as say a John le Carre novel, but I wanted more originality. I wanted sentences to pop and zing as they should in a thriller novel.

I guess it comes down to this: ANGELS AND DEMONS was good brain candy, and I'll read other Dan Brown books. In time, of course.

RECOMMENDED (a great three to four hour killer of time)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels & Demons.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways For me, these are Twinkiebooks...icky-sticky-sweeties that you know are bad for you, but sometimes can't be resisted.

TK421 Richard wrote: "For me, these are Twinkiebooks...icky-sticky-sweeties that you know are bad for you, but sometimes can't be resisted."

Exactly. I have THE LOST SYMBOL on my TBR pile but I cannot get myself to read it; yet, that is.

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways Wait for The Urge to hit.

message 4: by Coy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Coy Danipog the cotton candy analogy is very much true. I hope brown improves on his upcoming book, inferno.

Catherine Smart Could not put this book down.