Amy (amyb2332)'s Reviews > Rise and Shine

Oct 25, 2007

it was ok
bookshelves: audiobook, books-i-did-not-care-for, general-fiction
Read in October, 2007

I think if I had read the book instead of listening to the audio version I might have given this 3 stars instead of 2. I don't know though, that's a big maybe. I didn't love the narrator - she would try to do these different voices but they all just sounded the same or really stupid. But even with not loving the narrator, I'm not sure I would have liked this book much.

I don't mind little flashbacks in the beginning or middle of a book, but by the end I just want you to get on with the story! I don't need you to do these flashback explanations. I don't need a five minute explanation on how New Yorkers watch each other through windows or how the rich have these sound proof apartments.

I also had a hard time feeling sorry for the Megan, the main character's sister. I thought she was whiny and irritating and felt way too sorry for herself. Her big crisis was a joke - I couldn't believe how big of a deal was made out of basically nothing.

Also, even though this is not a sequel or prequel, in the beginning I felt like I was missing something. The author would say a new characters name but not tell you how the heck the character was. It was like I was just supposed to know that Irving, the man 20+ years older than the main character, was her boyfriend and not her neighbor, friend, coworker, whatever.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise and Shine.