Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > A Quick Bite

A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands

Shortly after I started reading I realised this wasn't going to be the best book in the world though there were a couple of good jokes, one of them involves a cucumber...in a snack's trousers being used to cover his inability to get it up -the dude was anaemic and was faking everything: fake tan, fake job, fake shoulders (i.e. shoulder pads); the other involves Lissiana, a vampire with haemaphobia (a fear of blood) who faints at the very sight of blood. When I thought about this I couldn't help but wonder how she dealt with her periods, an obvious problem that Sands never addresses.

I don't know when this book was first published but it reads like it was written in the early 90s. It was highly predictable and VERY slow. Nothing surprised me. I admit I was looking for a light read with a happy ending, and I guess I got what I wanted I just didn't expect it to be this flimsy. The story was mostly about the Argeneau family, only in the last quarter of the book did you feel that Greg and Lissiana were in any danger, though it was glaringly obvious who had put them there.

There were plenty of embarressing moments for the main characters especially Greg who was humiliated a number of times though I think these instances were meant to be funny, they just came off as degrading to me.

On the plus side the history and explanation of how vampires came to be and the biological side of them was interesting as was Lissiana's mother's life story. Also the way Greg came into Lissiana's life was different to most of the paranormal romances I've read.

Overall A Quick Bite was synonymous with A Bit Dull.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Quick Bite.