Ronica's Reviews > The Undomestic Goddess

The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

Oct 27, 09

Read in October, 2009

Samantha Sweeting is a stressed out workaholic attorney at the prestigious law firm of Carter Spink, she is desperately trying to become the firm’s youngest partner. In the blink of the eye it all changes .

Samantha’s work is normally flawless, but one costly mistake spells career suicide. In utter shock Samantha flees her office, wandering the streets until she ends up on a train that leaves her in the middle of nowhere.

Not really sure where she is Samantha spots a house, intending to ask for directions and a few aspirin. The owners of the home mistake her for a interviewee and offer her a job as their housekeeper.

I have read some of the books in the Shopaholic series and I became a fan of Ms.Kinsella, I decided to seek out some of her work and I was very intrigued by this book.

I found Samantha to be very real, she was a young successful professional who has never turned on a stove or knows where to put the bag in her vacuum. With that being said I was wondering how Samantha was going to possibly be a housekeeper? In a series of funny mishaps, Samantha gets lessons and starts to realize there is more to life then high powered stress.

I really did enjoy this book and I would recommend this to someone looking for some light-hearted chick-lit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Undomestic Goddess.

10/20/2009 page 1
0.25% "Pulled this out of my TBR pile"
10/21/2009 page 133
33.25% "Very cute story so far."
show 5 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) This sounds good, Ronica. I'm not a big chick lit fan, but I love the fish out of water storyline.

Ronica It was funny, she has some wonderful kitchen mishaps.

Gemma It is a good book. Have you read her other books?

Remember Me?
Can You Keep a Secret?
Twenties Girl A Novel

These were all good, but I really rahter enjoyed Twenties Girl.

She also writes under the pen name Madeleine Wickham

Ronica I have Can You Keep a Secret? in my TBR. I'm going to dig it out, I have heard some great things about Twenties Girl.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) It sounds funny, Ronica.

I'm thinking about reading Twenties Girl too. I'll check into the other titles, Gem.

Gemma I thought the Shopaholic series got a bit blah! but the others are just as good! :)

Ronica I have read like ever other book. I'm missing some of them, Danielle for a long time all I bought was romantic comedies and I have a ton of them in my TBR.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) IMHO it's always good to have a backlog of books for a rainy day. You can always donate books you own, but some book are hard to find or expensive if you let them pass you buy (as long as they are within your budget). So I tend to buy a fair amount of books on clearance at the used bookstore. I've gotten some I loved to death that way, like some of the Christine Feehan Ghostwalker series.

I think I'll start with this book, Gem. It sounds fun.