Angel Cortes's Reviews > The Boy Next Door

F 50x66
Oct 20, 09

bookshelves: independant-reading-books-2009-2010
Read in October, 2009

the book was mostly about a guy named scott and girl named crystal. crystal was loking for some adventure in her life. scott is a strange deranged kid who has day dreams of killing people. so scott has a girfriend. his girlfriend started out sweet but grew in to what scott thinks is a "no way to behave" behavior. so he invites her into the neighbors pool so they could go for a swim. but scott knows that the pool is empty. so he dares her to dive inside and she does and she dies. so after that he and his parents moove away to go to a new town called shadyside. thats the same town crysal is in. so when he mooves there he goes and he gets introdused and he settles in. and then he meets crystal. he does not like her, he thinks she does not know how to behave. and whats even worse is that she has this friend that does not know how to behave evem more than her. so hat ends up happening is that she tries to get to close to him and he kills her. so then scott takes a look at crystals sister who is kind of quiet and she doesn't really go out and she would rather just stay inside and read a book. so scott sees that and he likes it. but when scott askes her out crystal comes in. she wants to make sure that her sister dresses ok and that she is appealing. so she gives her some of her clothes. and when scott sees her all hes thinking is "no way to behave"
i can connect this book to my mom and my cousin. my cousin always likes to look pretty. and my mom has always wanted a girl. so what my cousin does is that she goes to my mom so that she can dress her and do her hair and all of that stuff. so just like the book. crystal is like my mom always trying to help. their like the same person, almost.
i would rate this book five stars because to me i thought it was really good. i really liked how it was a horrer book that always kept me reading. i liked that it actually gave some real horrer and noit always let the good people live. and i like how they had scotts character because you couldnt tell what he was going to do from the begining of the book. his first act of violence was a completley new thing to me. i would reccomend this book to everybody who likes a thrill in their book. because i thought that this book really had a thrill.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Next Door.