Marcy's Reviews > Coming Out of the Ice: An Unexpected Life

Coming Out of the Ice by Victor Herman

Jan 19, 10

Read in January, 2010 — I own a copy

This is a true story of Victor Herman and how his father moved the family to the Soviet Union because of his belief in the communist ideology. At the age of 22 Victor is arrested as a spy and is imprisoned in Russia, largely in Siberia. What Victor endured and how he endured it all is truly amazing. It gave me a new perspective on how communism is truly Satan's way of implementing his own plan here on earth. It made me more aware of just how good we have it in America and how much we should value our freedom and way of life. A book worth reading - I highly recommend it to all adults.

Because I am always looking for good books to read with my boys, please note that this book is not one to be read to children. Also depending on the copy you get there are some very strong expletives in the later chapters. Apparently this book was reprinted (the blue paperback)and the expletives were removed, replacing them with asterisks. I downloaded the book from audible & the expletives are left in that copy. Just a heads up in case you prefer to read it edited.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coming Out of the Ice.