Cheryl's Reviews > Mr. Monk is Miserable

Mr. Monk is Miserable by Lee Goldberg

Oct 20, 09

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Monk is Miserable.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan Cheryl, Is there an order to these Mr. Monk books? Should they be read in order? I love the show and I might be interested in the books.

Cheryl Hi, Lisa! There are now 8 Monk books, the first published in 2006. Although I'm pretty sure they do go in chronological order (and take place during the gaps between the cases we see on TV), I don't think they need to be read in strict order to be enjoyed. So far, I've only read #6 and #7 (the ones I found readily at the library), but I'm planning on looking for some of the earlier ones now.

If you love the show, I think you'll really like the books! The Monk character is spot-on--in fact, one of the main writers of the TV show writes these books!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan Thanks, Cheryl. Yes, I do love the show, and I think reading the books would be fun. I'm kind of a stickler for reading things in order, if it's possible, so I'll see if I can figure out the "correct" order.