Jason's Reviews > The Secret Life of Plants: A fascinating account of the physical, emotional, and spiritual relations between plants and man

The Secret Life of Plants by Peter Tompkins

M 50x66
Nov 03, 09

Read in November, 2009

I got 50 pages into this book before I stood up, walked across the room, and threw it in the trash even though I was bored at an airport! DO NOT READ IT. It's full of weird pseudscience and makes ridiculous claims like plants can read your mind. The part where I stopped reading was where the authors claimed that human sex and plant sex are mystically interconnected because pollen smells like semen.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Life of Plants.

message 1: by Audrey (new)

Audrey What is brilliant about this post, is that I can picture your face and your reaction to this book. It plays so vividly in my mind that I laughed aloud thinking about it. Especially you marching over to the garbage can and throwing it out with aplomb. No vascillations about trashing a book in this scenario. I then thought about what you actualy said in your review and followed my initial reaction with a very eloquent...ew!

Jason :)