Beanbag Love's Reviews > Seduced By His Touch

Seduced By His Touch by Tracy Anne Warren

Oct 21, 09

Read in October, 2009

Well, that was a pleasure. I was actually sad it was over.

Lord Jack Byron (brother to the Duke of Clybourn) loses a ridiculous sum of money to a very wealthy cit in a card game. Although it certainly appeared to me that the cit cheated Jack, that's never actually stated. The man will erase the debt as well as provide an insanely huge dowry if Jack will meet, seduce and marry his daughter, Grace Danvers.

Cliched set-up, but very nice execution. Grace, of course is not the gorgon Jack expected. Although she's not a fashionable beauty (too tall, red hair, feminine curves hidden by dress styles, too intelligent for society, not ton), she's pretty anyway and easy to get along with. Jack finds himself hating the deception, although the amount of money he owes is so huge, he can't tell the guy to stuff-it and court the girl the 'right way'.

One funny thing is that Warren set up various moments where I felt I knew what was going to happen and then she didn't use them in the ways I predicted. So she turned some of the cliches on their heads. Jack does something TSTL in the beginning (in addition to the huge gambling loss) and felt the shoe would drop at any moment, but that particular one evolved differently. It was a nice twist.

Again, I'm really liking Warren's characters. Their chemistry is unmistakable. There is a stretch where I wanted to shake one of the characters for cutting their nose off to spite their face, but I couldn't really see where the action was inorganic. But when the book ends and we get our HEA, it's very romantic and lovely.

Tracy Anne Warren has a new fan in me. She may indulge in tried and true plot devices but I do like her characters and I'm very much looking forward to the next book due out in early 2010.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced By His Touch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dina Oh boy, 5 stars! I need to find myself a copy ASAP. Great review, Beanbag!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Your review that encourages me to read this book sooner rather than later, Beanbag.

Beanbag Love Thanks Dina and Danielle. It can be read as a stand-alone, although I liked Tempted by his Kiss, Cade and Meg's book, as well and gave it four stars. There's also a short in the anthology "Four Dukes and a Devil" about a Duke and a Byron named India. They make a brief appearance in this book as well.

Dina Thanks for the additional info, Beanbag. Since you also consider Tempted by His Kiss a good read, I'm going to get it too. You know me, my OCD demands it! ;)

Beanbag Love Dina wrote: "Thanks for the additional info, Beanbag. Since you also consider Tempted by His Kiss a good read, I'm going to get it too. You know me, my OCD demands it! ;)"

Well, I hope you like it. I thought this one especially was very romantic. :D

message 6: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill Good review Beanbag. It convinced me to add this book to my TBR list.

Angelc Great review, Beanbag! I'd like to try one of her books!

Beanbag Love Thanks, Bill and Angelc!

message 9: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB Great review Beanbag! Luckily I had just bought this last week so I will have to get to it soon.

message 10: by Rane (new) - added it

Rane Awesome Review Bean! Sounds like an great book to check out (heh a hero has a TSTL moment!)

message 11: by Beanbag (last edited Oct 21, 2009 07:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beanbag Love Thanks Melissa and Rane!

Now I'm nervous with everybody planning to read it on my recommendation. I hope you all like it! :^/

message 12: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully ** runs like a lemming to get this book too **

Beanbag Love Agent wrote: "** runs like a lemming to get this book too **"

Aaarrrrghhh! The pressure! *faints*

message 14: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Awesome review Beanbag! Is it just me or is the cover blurry? Maybe I need to get my eyes checked again ...

message 15: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina The blurry cover is a GR problem, Tammy. There's a thread about it on the GR Feedback Group, so the GR staff is already aware of it and, I hope, working on solving it.

message 16: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Dina wrote: "The blurry cover is a GR problem, Tammy. There's a thread about it on the GR Feedback Group, so the GR staff is already aware of it and, I hope, working on solving it."

Good to know! I haven't been around for a few days, so I thought it was a personal problem. :)

Beanbag Love Thanks, Tammy! I noticed the blurriness too, but I couldn't figure out what was causing it since other cover images don't have the problem.

message 18: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Bring on the red. I'm all for it! Red is my favorite color. :)

message 19: by Dina (last edited Oct 23, 2009 11:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina Beanbag wrote: "Have you guys noticed how many passionate ladies in red dresses are gracing covers these days? Definitely a trend. LOL."

Red is my favorite color too, so I'm not complaining. :) But it's funny how covers always look alike. I used to be able to recognize a book I'd read by its cover, but not anymore. And don't you dare say it's an "age problem", LOL.

message 20: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Beanbag wrote: "Have you guys noticed how many passionate ladies in r..."

message 21: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina Agent wrote: "What I'm noticing is an abundance of passionate heroines displaying bare, perfectly hairless legs on covers these days. What's with THAT?"

KarenH Great review, Beanbag. I loved this book, too. Try Warren's "Mistress" trilogy, beginning with My Fair Mistress. Another 5-star by her for sure!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I have hesitated on reading the Mistress books because I don't love the mistress theme. But I've heard some good recommendations on them. I picked up a couple at the used bookstore. I think I'll read this one first though. It's gotten so much love. :)

Beanbag Love Agent wrote: "What I'm noticing is an abundance of passionate heroines displaying bare, perfectly hairless legs on covers these days. What's with THAT? "

You know, I have to imagine them with bare legs. I'm one of those people who freaks if I have even the slightest bit of hair on my legs. I'd get completely distracted if I imagined them otherwise. LOL.

Beanbag Love Dina wrote: "That's to counteract the abundance of covers with hunky heroes displaying bare, perfectly ripped chests, LOL. "

LOL. Why are there so many bare chests. The one that got me the most was Jo Beverly's "Skylark". The guy in the book was definitely not a bare chest kind of guy, and the cover made no sense anyway as it implied the guy was out and about with his shirt unbuttoned all the way to his belt!

Beanbag Love KarenH wrote: "Great review, Beanbag. I loved this book, too. Try Warren's "Mistress" trilogy, beginning with My Fair Mistress. Another 5-star by her for sure!"

Thanks Karen. Tell me, are we talking 'mistress' as in 'adultery'? Because I can't go for that. Otherwise they'll be on my TBR, I just wanted to do the earlier ones first, so I'm starting with The Husband Trap.

KarenH Beanbag, there is no adultery involved in the "Mistress" series. I don't think I'd like a book where the heroine was the mistress involved in an adulterous situation. Then again, one of my favorite movies, Firelight, has just that premise... so who knows?

message 28: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully I just noticed that I have her The Wedding Trap already on my TBR pile so maybe I'll start with that one first.

Beanbag Love KarenH wrote: "Beanbag, there is no adultery involved in the "Mistress" series. I don't think I'd like a book where the heroine was the mistress involved in an adulterous situation."

Well, sometimes there are major extenuating circumstances, but mostly I don't think I could deal. So, good, thanks for replying to my question. :D

Beanbag Love Agent wrote: "I just noticed that I have her The Wedding Trap already on my TBR pile so maybe I'll start with that one first."

I started it last night and then decided I also wanted to read "An Irresistible Bachelor" and I've discovered I'm not very good at reading two things at once. So I'm getting back to The Husband Trap after AIB.

There are two more in her "trap" series and the reviews go down sharply after the first one, so I'm trying to stay prepared. I think maybe she's getting better as she matures as a writer. Maybe she'll start coming up with fresh plot lines too! We can hope. ;^)

message 31: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Oh oh, which was the Trap book that got low reviews Beanbag?

**hoping it's not Wedding Trap**

message 32: by Beanbag (last edited Oct 23, 2009 07:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beanbag Love Agent wrote: "Oh oh, which was the Trap book that got low reviews Beanbag?

**hoping it's not Wedding Trap**"

The reviews went from 4.5 for The Husband Trap to 3.5 for The Wife Trap and The Wedding Trap.

But I'm planning to go for it anyway. I didn't agree with the reviewer who gave the lowest rating for Seduced by his Touch, so maybe I won't agree with these others either. :D (and really, she doesn't have as many reviews as some other authors so even one bad review leaves a mark)

ETA: Okay - I went back and checked and The Wedding Trap actually got 4 stars. Fani (I think it's OUR Fani) gave it 4 stars and so did Misuzmama (who I often agree with). So, take that for what it's worth. :^)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) KarenH wrote: "Beanbag, there is no adultery involved in the "Mistress" series. I don't think I'd like a book where the heroine was the mistress involved in an adulterous situation. Then again, one of my favori..."

I love that movie Firelight. It's one of my adultery exceptions too, Karen.

message 34: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Thanks Beanbag