Bernice's Reviews > Gathering Blue

Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry

Oct 19, 2009

bookshelves: fantasy-science-fiction
Read in October, 2009

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gathering Blue.

Bernice This companion to "The Giver" lets us in to another village in which the people are filled with greed and envy and led by guardians. There is so much unknown in this story that you are pulled into what exactly is happening and why. I loved how Lois Lowry pulls together the story we already know from "The Giver" and fills it without tale of a young orphan girl filling a destiny that she is unaware of, but finds the connections of her past and her future.

message 2: by Katy (new)

Katy This sounds like a great book! The way you describe it makes it sound like a good story to curl up with on a rainy day. Is it a sequal to The Giver?

Bernice It's a companion to the Giver so there's really no reference to it, but they do have things in common. I just started to read the third book, "Messanger", which brings all three books together. It's pretty neat!! I definitely recommend you read them!