Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > Blood and Chocolate

Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

I really didn't like Vivien at first, I thought she was a cold-hearted b*tch but she grew on me. It was the same with Gabriel, he was a cocky SOB but he started to melt towards the end and then he was mush, putty in Vivien's hands.

I could understand Vivien's rebellion and her abhorrence of violence after they had lost so many of their pack. Her actions were mostly those of a typical teenager though at the beginning she was very cocky and alpha-ish but also a extremely vulnerable at the same time. It was a bit strange how she switched between one and the other so quickly but this evened out and I began to sympathise with her. I was glad that she was sure of herself and had a sense of self-worth, and the courage to go after what she wanted rather than sitting back and taking orders.

Some would be disappointed that she stayed with Gabriel especially as he's 8 years older than her sixteen years but it seemed like the right thing. She was very mature for her age, very sexual and could obviously take care of herself. She needed people who shared her nature, Aiden was just too soft for her.

Overall, a fast, light and easy read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Chocolate.