Jenn's Reviews > The Story of Ferdinand

The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf

203607
Oct 19, 09

bookshelves: all-timefaves, classics, kids, picture-books
Read in January, 1971

This is one of my all-time-fave books that I realized I hadn't put on my list of books! I memorized it in 4th grade when we were given an assignment to memorize a favorite book to read aloud to kindergarten students and I still love the phrase "liked to sit just quietly and smell the flowers." I think it describes my philosophy in life, really, and I just love Ferdinand. Now when I read the book, I can hear my mom's voice in my head - which is an awesome thing!
I also remember - fondly - a moment in church (I even remember that it was 1991!) and I was sitting behind a girl who had her nose pierced with a ring through it - right through the center. And this little girl sitting on the pew near me who had red curly hair and a piping, carrying voice turned to her mom, and, pointing at the girl with the nose piercing, asked her mom, "Mommy, is that girl Ferdinand?" I wanted to steal that little girl and keep her forever! :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Story of Ferdinand.