Roxanne's Reviews > The Burning Bridge

The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan

Oct 19, 09

bookshelves: young-adult
Read in October, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I still really like Will's character in this second book of the series. However, (spoiler alert) I was shocked to see Morgarath get killed. He's been set up to be the Big Bad, so I thought for sure he'd get away at the last instant of the single combat and escape to the mountains to attack again later. I was really surprised that Horace managed to kill him, and also impressed at Flanagan's daring in writing it that way. It's a YA series, so it would have been really easy to keep Morgarath in a Big Bad, Voldemort sort of role, but it looks as though Flanagan wants to do more with the series. Which is exciting, but which also apparently involves poor Will getting kidnapped by Skandians! Which, I mean, when Phedre got sold to the Skandians in the Jacqueline Carey books, no good came of it. (Ha ha, I love it when I can make cross-series connections that were never intended by the author.) I was really worried about Will, and I'm not sure where the next book is going. Which means I need to read it immediately, and luckily my dad has lent me books 2 through 5! Off I go!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Burning Bridge.