Barbara M.'s Reviews > Goddess of the Hunt

Oct 23, 09

bookshelves: all-time-favorites
Read in October, 2009

5 Stars...I LOVED it...

Who in the world is Tessa Dare and where has she been all my life?!

"Goddess of The Hunt" had me hooked from page one. I cringed every time I knew I had to put this one down, and I hated the fact that my eyes betrayed me at night when I'd fall asleep trying to read it. I don't see a "Best-Seller" on the cover yet, but I promise if this lady keeps writing books like this she's going to be the next Julia Quinn (the old, not the new one).

Pages 115-128 holds the most intense, steam building, mouth hanging open loves scenes I think I've EVER read. Just do me favor...when your at the bookstore and your not sure about buying this book, flip to these pages...you will not put this one back down.

Just a taste of what I'm talking about...this scene takes place in a wardrobe, after Jeremy finds Lucy during a game of hide-and-seek. The only light inside is just few rays of sunshine pushing their way through the cracks...

"...He kissed his way back up her neck and brought his hands to the neckline of her dress, gathering the facbric of muslin until it threatened to tear. Then her tongue flicked a silent plea against his ear, so lightly he might have imagined it, once.

Twice, he could not mistake.

...Then her hands slid around the his back, and she leaned against his chest. She brushed her lips over the base of his throat. Again. Again. Her kisses felt like rain drops in a desert, sizzling on his scorched flesh. He bent his head and his mouth found hers. And then the storm broke...
"

I am not kidding ladies...you will/could not read this and not think "Oh good Lord!". This novel has the right balance of everything and you will absolutely love every character...My "All-Time Favorites" list has just gained a book!

Oh, and I almost forgot...The cover totally matches the characters. This author didn't settle...she was right on it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess of the Hunt.

10/22/2009 page 73
19.52% "...and I'm loving it! Watch out Mrs. Quinn...Dare's right on your heels!!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ally72 Hi Barbara,
I saw this book at B&N yesterday and almost picked it up. It sounds like a book I would enjoy...I will be anxious to hear what you think. I hope you are enjoying it!
Ally

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Awesome! I'm glad I bought this one.

Miss Kim
Wow! Great review! That's it. I'm getting this series soon.

Ally72 Oh my goodness!!! I am definitely going to be stopping by B&N tonight and getting this book. I just started an Elizabeth Boyle novel (new author for me), but this book sounds like the kind I love. This was an excellent review and I am glad you liked it!

Barbara M. I can't wait to read all of your reviews. I really hope you love this story as much as I did!

message 6: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Another great review B! I'm going to have to check this one out now, even if it's only to read pages 115-128. :P

Barbara M. Oh no! You have to read the story leading up to that point too...it makes it all that more steamy!

Sarita I told you these were awesome! Wait till book two! I was sweating it was soooo steamy..lol

Barbara M. Ha! Sara...That's how I felt with the "Wardrobe" scene in this one. Hot Hot Hot! Tessa Dare is either a very very VERY lucky lady or her imagination is in overdrive. WoW!

Sarita I loved all three of the books! The first and second were my favorites. I'm so glad Cheryl found her!

Julie Hi Barbara, I read your review and I bought this book at Walmart last night. I can't wait to read it.=)

Barbara M. Start now and you'll have it done by this time tomorrow! Ready...Set...Go! LoL, You're going to love it! At least I hope you do ;)

Julie I know I will!Thanks Barb. =)