Krys's Reviews > Revelations

Revelations by Melissa de la Cruz

Wow...these books are getting good. Not just good, but better. How is that possible?

I think we can attribute this to good writing. That said, Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Bloods series is shaping up to be more than your average YA vampire series. In the last few books de la Cruz has really fleshed out the premise that the Vamps stem from fallen angels. This blend of Christian mythology combined with an intriguing contemporary cast of good and baddies... how can you not enjoy these books?

In this book the New York conclave is pursuing a threat of the Silver Bloods in Brazil. Schuyler has begun an illicit romance with Jack Force, who she now lives with thanks to her Uncle's adoption. Dylan is back and Bliss is underwhelmed by the fact that his memories are stagnant. Meanwhile, Mimi suspects that Jack is faithless but is unable to bring herself to confront him yet.

Oh, and did I mention that the Silver Bloods are on the loose? Yeah, that's a pretty big plot point, there.

I can't not like this series now. I just can't. I've grown very attached to these books. It's trashy and fun in all the right ways. And the writing... good gods, de la Cruz can spin words.

Plus, she gets uber-mega points for the Vienna scene. Not to name drop, but Egon Schiele has always been my favourite visual artist...and she happen to mention one of my favourite poets within pages of that as well. Wow. Now there's a way to get this geek's attention.

Off to start The Van Alen Legacy. Enjoy your evening, all.

-review courtesy of www.bibliopunkkreads.com
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revelations.

04/10/2010 page 65
04/12/2010 page 149
56.44% "curse you work! IT's slower going these days."
show 1 hidden update…