Elizabeth (Thoughts From an Evil Overlord)'s Reviews > Easy on the Eyes

Easy on the Eyes by Jane Porter

Jan 05, 15

bookshelves: women-s-fiction
Read in August, 2009, read count: 1

No, it's not a post about me, you sillies, but thanks for the compliment! It's about a great new book from Jane Porter, Easy on the Eyes! I read this book in 2 days, as did my mom, and we both really enjoyed it. Packaged as a chick lit novel, it is the story of a woman facing the past events in her life that have made her the woman she is today, and getting past them.
Gorgeous Tiana Tomlinson has a fabulous career as a journalist and the anchor of America Tonight, a daily news magazine show. She is dating the current Hollywood heartthrob, who just happens to be 20 years her junior, attends all the biggest parties and film festivals, and is a frequent guest on other talk shows. People all over the country love her, not only for her nightly visits into their homes, but because they feel her true warmth, and remember her as a young widow throwing herself across her husband's casket seven years earlier. What the world and most of her friends don't know is the tragedy of Tiana's youth, losing her parents and two sisters in a car crash in her native South Africa. This has left an indelible mark on her soul, of course, and the death of her husband furthered her fear of loving people who could die.
At thirty-eight, Tiana is still the gorgeous, poised daughter of a former Miss South Africa, but in youth-obsessed Hollywood, she is beginning to age. Polite pressure to think about having some "work" done starts coming at her from both her producers and her agent. The show also wants to go with lighter, more gossipy stories, and bring in a younger woman to co-host with Tiana. America Tonight is Tiana's life, and thinking about compromising both her journalistic and personal ethics, causes her to reassess her entire life and how her experiences have shaped her. With the support of a great circle of friends, she gets through Thanksgiving and Christmas, planning for big changes in the New Year.
Similar to many stories of this genre, the ending of Easy on the Eyes is somewhat predictable. However, like life, the journey is anything but! So many different things happen to Tiana, and she does things I wouldn't have thought of, that it is always a nice surprise, and that's why I kept reading all night long and finished in two days.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy on the Eyes.