Lorin Cary's Reviews > When I Found You

When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde

Jan 07, 10

Read in October, 2009

Catherine Ryan Hyde's new novel, The Day I found you, is her longest to date----and, incredibly, released in England only. This is a beautiful book.

I love Catherine Ryan Hyde's writings, and find this one exceptional. It's a subtle story of passion and purpose, love and tension, trust and distrust, and perhaps above all the importance of honesty. A baby found by a hunter lives with his grandmother for years, and then with the hunter. Coming-of-age issues unravel, but are not the key to Hyde's exploration of passion, love, trust, and honesty, the bonds of friendship and of service. It is a marvelously written, compelling story, masterfully plotted and paced.

THERE IS NOW FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE THROUGH A COMPANY CALLED THE BOOK DEPOSITORY. HERE'S THE LINK:

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When I Found You.

10/18/2009 page 13
2.54% "Great start, intriguing premise!"

Sharon Lorin, thanks for this information. I haven't read any of Catherine's novels yet, but I saw Pay it Forward, the movie, and loved it. I found When I Found You on ebay and purchased it. I look forward to reading more of her books. Amazon doesn't have this book. Luckily, I have a friend in Leicester if I hadn't been able to find the book.

Sharon