Meredith's Reviews > The Sandman, Vol. 4: Season of Mists

The Sandman, Vol. 4 by Neil Gaiman

Oct 18, 09

bookshelves: series
Read in October, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Good story arc. We get to see five of Dream's six siblings (still wondering who this last one is). We also find out that Dream can be an asshole whiny male; we discover Nada's true fate: she rejected Dream's advances, so he banished her to hell for 10,000 years. After being informed that he acted like an idiot (seriously, he never realized this in over 10,000 years?) he decides to free her from hell. Lucifer relishes the chance to get revenge, and does it in an unusual fashion; he quits hell, expelling everyone and giving the key to Dream. Very interesting concept, as is the council of all the different leaderships that come seeking claim of the dimension. I also enjoyed the conclusion of the story, where you can see the mindset of the angel changing, so he actually embraces the torture and nature of hell, in the misguided belief that it will lead to purification. I also enjoyed the short story about the boy at boarding school, and his fate after all the souls are released from hell.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sandman, Vol. 4.