Janeen-san 's Reviews > The Fire Stone

The Fire Stone by Riley Carney

Nov 25, 09

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in November, 2009

I can't wait for the next book in the series! This book is fantastic! It has plenty of humor, adventure and magic!

Matt is a fifteen year old boy, used to the hard work his parents force upon him. Riley Carney starts the action immediately, when the young boy is attacked by strange men, but the plot really kicks off when a mysterious man, who turns out to be a wizard, rescues Matt and tells him he has hidden talent. Matt's curiosity gets him into alot of trouble in the next few pages, when he is attacked again, this time by strange wolf-like creatures in the forest, and saved, again, by the same man. His name is Lucian, and Matt befriends him, after having some doubts about the wizard.
Riley Carney sure lays on the trouble thick! (But I'm not saying it's a bad thing; it kept the story moving fast and made it intense.) Matt gets attacked, and then he rescues a baby alorath, a cat/bird creature who is really cute but, when he grows up, quiet dangerous!

This book was a great read and I finished it really quickly. The characters were well-developed, there was plenty of humor, and lots more. I greatly applaud to the author, Riley Carney. I am glad she is my friend here on Goodreads!
Please consider picking up this book so you can read about a young boy on a quest to save his world. You won't regret it.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fire Stone.

Quotes Janeen-san Liked

Riley Carney
“What do you think, Galen?" Lady Fern asked in a sugary voice.
Galen chewed slowly and painfully, swallowing tentatively.
It's very unique," he said, trying to look intrigued instead of disgusted. "It's excellent."
Lady Fern looked satisfied and turned to say something to her husband, while Galen added quietly under his breath, "...not."

Riley Carney
“Arden, Matt discovered, was a force to be reckoned with. She had a flair for fighting with two curved knives, about the length of daggers. She whirled around like a flailing tornado, blocking and striking with fury.

Riley Carney
“Once Arden said, "Why is it that one sheep is called a sheep and multiple sheep are also called sheep? It should be shoop and sheep. Like, 'Oh, look, there goes a shoop,' and 'Wow, there goes a lot of sheep'."
tags: sheep

10/30/2009 page 45
14.42% "AWESOME BOOK!"
11/01/2009 page 130
41.67% "Awesome book!"
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Namratha (new) - added it

Namratha Thanks for the recommendation, Janeen...will check it out soon. :)

Janeen-san I hope you do!!! I hope you like it Namz!