Jana's Reviews > Girl, 15, Charming but Insane

Girl, 15, Charming but Insane by Sue Limb

1202083
Oct 18, 09

Recommended for: Anyone willing to skip from chapter 3 to chapter 21.
Read in October, 2009, read count: 1

I got this book for free. From the promo shelf at Border's. So, to quote my mother-in-law, "that (fill in the blank) doesn't owe you a thing!" In other words, I already got more than my money's worth.

I picked it because I love the title. I envy the title. And because coming-of-age stories are my genre. That said, I still love the title! But the story went badly wrong from chapter 3 to chapter 21. The rest of the story was completely engaging. The characters were charming. And insane. But those 18 chapters of filler? Dreadful. Inappropriate. Inexcusable. So I gave it one star.

But I'd give the last several chapters four stars. For tone, cleverness, wit, and giving me what I hoped to get out of this story in the first place: A cleverly engaging read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl, 15, Charming but Insane.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tazmin Totally disagree! You didn't mention why you hated the many chapters, you just said your feelings.

Why did you hate them?
What parts?
Did you feel strongly enough for them that you were too distracted to give this book a good rating?

Sorry, I'm one of those people who have to stand up for my authors.