Kaitlyn 's Reviews > The Book Thief

May 13, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 29, 2010 to May 13, 2011

*First Read*
Absolutely breathtaking...and even that's an understatement!

*Second Read*
Wow. I'm speechless. There are so many things that I picked up on that I didn't the first time I read the book. I am blown away by it. I thought I wouldn't cry again but that definitely failed. I was sobbing like crazy. I know I have said this before but I will say it again. Read this book now, if you haven't already! You don't know what your missing out on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book Thief.

Quotes Kaitlyn Liked

Markus Zusak
“A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”

Markus Zusak
“She leaned down and looked at his lifeless face and Leisel kissed her best friend, Rudy Steiner, soft and true on his lips. He tasted dusty and sweet. He tasted like regret in the shadows of trees and in the glow of the anarchist's suit collection. She kissed him long and soft, and when she pulled herself away, she touched his mouth with her fingers...She did not say goodbye. She was incapable, and after a few more minutes at his side, she was able to tear herself from the ground. It amazes me what humans can do, even when streams are flowing down their faces and they stagger on...”

Markus Zusak
“The only thing worse than a boy who hates you: a boy that loves you.”

Markus Zusak
“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.”

Markus Zusak
“He was waving. "Saukerl," she laughed, and as she held up her hand, she knew completely that he was simultaneously calling her a Saumensch. I think that's as close to love as eleven-year-olds can get.”

Markus Zusak
“She tore a page from the book and ripped it in half.
Then a chapter.
Soon, there was nothing but scraps of words littered between her legs and all around her. The words. Why did they have to exist? Without them, there wouldn't be any of this. Without words, the Führer was nothing. There would be no limping prisoners, no need for consolation or wordly tricks to make us feel better.
What good were the words?
She said it audibly now, to the orange-lit room. "What good are the words?”

04/20/2010 page 142
04/28/2010 page 400
72.73% "I want to finish this book tonight...hopefully I can!"
04/29/2010 page 526
95.64% "I will finish this book today!"
06/28/2010
1.0% "I have an urge to just re-read my books instead of reading new ones. Oh well, this book is my absolute favorite. But I know it's going to be a crying fest towards the end of the book!"
04/15/2011
1.0% "I had an urge..." 1 comment
05/12/2011 page 407
71.0% 3 comments
show 8 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gina Hey Kaitlyn, Are u enjoying this book. I just bought it, it will be in a haul vid soon! :) I have heard lots of good things about it, but also that it is a slow read. Cant wait to see ur review.

Kaitlyn Hey Gina! This book is amazing! Yeah, it is a little slow in the beginning, but once you get into it you realize just how great this story truly is. This book has some of the best characters I have ever seen. I'm not finished but I can already tell it is going to be a 5 star book. I don't know if I could give it any less than that! :) Also, I think the author is a genius. I would never have been able to come up with something as awesome as this.

Michael how did you like the ending? i just sat there in awe for like 10 minutes. neverrrr saw it coming.

Kaitlyn I thought the ending was brilliant! After the tears stopped, then I really thought about the story and how amazing it was.

Emma Louise it was so well written from start to finish :)

message 6: by Tulsi (new) - added it

Tulsi i dont kknow why but i couldnt get into it so will try again

message 7: by Nia (new) - added it

Nia i cant explain how wonderful that book is!!!!Your gonna enjoy it!!!

Neşe i read this book because of you , your review on YouTube..hahaha ,and i don't regret it , i absolutely loved it, its one of my favorites :)

message 9: by Nia (new) - added it

Nia That has to be one of my favorite book to read

Michael How many times have you read this now? :)

message 11: by Nia (new) - added it

Nia idk like three times

Kaitlyn This will be my second time :D

Michael Oh, I thought this was going on time nine or something. Hehe.

Mansi XD

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished this book, I just loved it!

message 16: by Lara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lara That happens a lot. When I re-read a book, I always missed so much the first time that I am completely surprised that I didn't know that happened. I guess it happens everytime you re-read a book. It seems like the first time you read it. Doesn't it?

Kaitlyn Yes, exactly. And I think because I tried to read it fast the first time I missed alot of things. So it was nice to just read at my own pace and enjoy the story.

Nicole Loved this!! Im so glad my english teacher recomended it to me to do a book report on because i can actually enjoy my schoolwork now :)

message 19: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily i want to read this soo bad

Courtney Vail Nice review.