oliviasbooks's Reviews > Fade

Fade by Lisa McMann

TBR Pile Reduction Challenge 2011, Book #6 (challenger = Tina)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fade.

01/23/2011 page 90
40.0% "I think I will finish this, but you may already assign the next book to me, Tina." 3 comments
01/23/2011 page 125
56.0% "It's getting a little better."
01/24/2011 page 168
75.0% "I think about stopping."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~Tina~ K, I'll post it at the corner:)

oliviasbooks Available for swapping within Germany.

Infinite Playlist oh wow, 2 stars? Is there a review to come? I'd really like to know what you disliked so much about it.

oliviasbooks No. No review I think. Wake was pretty interesting and got an "alright/enjoyable" (= 3 stars) from me. Fade was less interesting. I do not like the physical consequences of dream-catching, I do not particularly like crime stories that revolve around rape or sexual abuse, I do not like Janie's not taking Cabel's fear for her seriously.
I enjoyed the writing style and I was relieved that Janie and Cabel (view spoiler).

Infinite Playlist I was surprised by the whole crime aspect but I didn't mind it in the end and I loved Cabel's and Janie's relationship, it felt very intense to me.
But you're right, Janie acted a bit unfair towards Cabel at some points (btw, did you know they named him Karl in the German translation? xD)

ps. I checked, you actually rated Wake 4 stars ;)

oliviasbooks Oh! You are right. I think I raised the rating when I preordered Fade. Maybe I'll change it once more.