(NS)Jennifer Reiner's Reviews > Jimmy Zangwow's Out-of-This-World Moon-Pie Adventure

Jimmy Zangwow's Out-of-This-World Moon-Pie Adventure by Tony DiTerlizzi

Jimmy Zangwow loves Moon Pies and milk but his mother will not let him have one before dinner. Jimmy is upset, and stomps off. He goes to his secret project-a flying junk jumbilee jalopy. Jimmy is wishing that he could have more moon pies and the next thing he knows the machine starts to rattle and he is taking off toward the sky! He lands at the moon and is given a thousand Moon Pies. Jimmy then has a run in with the Grimble Grinder and saves the day by giving him his last moon time. Jimmy is worried about missing dinner and transports back to Earth with the help of his new friends. He even arrives in time for dinner! This book is full of adventure, humor, and motivation.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I found myself intrigued with the illustrations in the story. It was so great to see the adventures that Jimmy took in order to get more moon pies. I could see my students really liking this story as well. I think that it's important to show students that anything is possible and that is a message that this story has.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jimmy Zangwow's Out-of-This-World Moon-Pie Adventure.