Lance Greenfield's Reviews > The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure

Jun 04, 10

Read from May 23 to June 02, 2010

Amusing or arousing?

This is what I call light reading. It is easy, predictable and comedic. It's the sort of book I could read from end to end during a short flight. For me, it was not too arousing, unless you are a girl who likes being spanked! I am not!

There is really not too much depth to the story, but that doesn’t spoil it at all, just as long as you read it in the right spirit. I don’t think that the author ever intended it to be serious. The whole book is dedicated to sado-masochism.

There is a slight reversal of society, as the Princes and Princesses from surrounding kingdoms become sex slaves to the Queen, her Crown Prince and the Lords and Ladies of the land. The slaves are kept naked, and are continually beaten, and punished in many other ways, for the amusement of the Lords and Ladies. There are strict rules to stop the beatings short of the drawing of blood or the burning of skin. There is plenty of bondage, and much agony is imposed on the slaves by bringing them close to sexual satisfaction, but refusing to allow them that final climax.

It is a lot of fun, and I am left full of anticipation to discover how the commoners of this land conduct themselves and how they interact with the slaves, who are, when all is said and done, foreign royalty.

Personally, I did not find the story very arousing, but it is clear that some readers did. I found it amusing, and it is a good, light read. For you, it could be amusing or arousing, or both. It takes no effort to read this book, so I recommend that you make the effort, and decide for yourself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty.

05/23/2010 page 30
05/23/2010 page 30
11.86% "This is funny. It makes me laugh. Needs a better proof-reader though!"
05/24/2010 page 72
28.46% "Still finding it funny rather than arousing."
05/26/2010 page 158
62.45% "This is what I call light reading. It is easy, predictable and comedic. It's the sort of book I could read from end to end during a short flight. Still not too arousing though - unless you are a girl who likes being spanked! I am not!"
05/28/2010 page 197
77.87% "As an animal lover, I am beginning to really like this book. I have always found it extremely hard to ignore a lush, hairy pussy. I just cannot resist the over-whelming urge to stroke it and tickle it under the chin!

They seem to warm to me!

But finding it hard to accept the huge amounts of pain that the Princes and Princesses have to endure. Some of them actually seem to enjoy being continually bruised!"
05/29/2010 page 212
83.79% "To avoid ambiguity, the lush, hairy pussy that I was talking about yesterday was along the lines of a Norwegian Forest Cat. Sadly I can't find that reference in Beauty any more. Perhaps I imagined it!" 1 comment
06/02/2010 page 273
100% "Review to follow"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tara Chevrestt OH My Word!!! I haven't laughed so hard in ages. LOL Did you buy they whole trilogy? If so, I peronally thought the second one was better.

message 2: by Tracey (last edited Jun 02, 2010 03:19PM) (new)

Tracey I just got the second one Beauty's Punishment this weekend. I don't think they need to be read in order??? LOL

Lance Greenfield Don't think so, but you'll need to read the reviews of the first just to know how Beauty got to where she is at the beginning of the second.

I can't wait to hear what you think. Amusing or arousing? Or both?

message 4: by Tracey (new)

Tracey A nice bottle of wine and let the fun begin!

Lance Greenfield If the ladies who have reviewed this book are to be believed, you may need a fan and a bucket of ice as well.

Have fun!!!

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tracey good, can't wait... its a good thing I have a pool at my place.

Lance Greenfield Wow! I'll be right over.

What's for supper?

message 8: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Need you ask….?

Tara Chevrestt Me too!! I'll bring some beer!

message 10: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Good, the more the merrier. I’ll bring the box o’wine.

Lance Greenfield How big is your pool?

Big enough for a kayak?

I was just thinking that those Lords and Ladies in the Beauty books really love being out on the water in their canoes. Well, they certainly all seem to have a good collection of paddles!

It could be a BYOP party. (Bring Your Own Paddle)

message 12: by Tracey (new)

Tracey LOL - well maybe a blow up mattress. Good idea Lance, I will put that on the invitations
BYOB – greatly appreciated
BYOP - mandatory

Lance Greenfield You're welcome.
It will be my pleasure . . . and possibly yours!!!