Kathy's Reviews > Coin Operated Boy

Coin Operated Boy by Bryl R. Tyne

Oct 27, 09

bookshelves: ebook, glbt, keeper, tyne-bryl, m-m
Read in October, 2009

This is the latest of Bryl Tyne’s stories that I’ve bought and read and loved. In the short time since I discovered the stories of this wonderful writer, I’ve acquired them all to date. Bryl’s story-telling is fresh, vital and engaging and the characters are very real people... even if they’re not human.
Case in point, Chal.
Although, to be fair, even as an android he has far more human characteristics than expected. His creator, Silk Pecatti, was an absolute genius when it came to robotics and in Chal all his talents came together to create an astounding whole. In fact Chal amazed even Silk once he found him again.

Chal... wow! This really is his story. Coin Operated Boy details his journey of discovery from nothingness to finally understanding the reason for his existence and his place in Silk’s life.
I was, by turns, amused, amazed and astounded and completely and totally engaged. Bryl delights in bringing an emotional self-discovery to the characters and we, who follow along, are not only entertained but find for ourselves a nugget of truth in our lives.
Well done Bryl... and keep the stories coming. As long as you write ‘em, I’ll buy ‘em!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coin Operated Boy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ava (new)

Ava Fab review, Kathy!

Kathy Thank you Ava! :)

message 3: by Bryl (new) - added it

Bryl Tyne Thanks, Kathy. Your reviews swell the old noggin. Think I'll print this one out and tack it to my wall. :)

Kathy Well, I'd be honoured.. to be pinned to a wall... uh.. or at least my review pinned to a wall...
Whatever... glad you liked it Bryl. :)