Liz's Reviews > Knife

Knife by R.J. Anderson

2191574
Nov 12, 09

bookshelves: 2009, sci-fi-fantasy-etc, urban-fantasy, ya, to-hunt-down-and-steal, action-adventure-etc, kids, romance
Read in November, 2009

Finished!

UPDATE: It's been nominated for the Carnegie! I'm glad to see I've got good taste :P

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I. Loved. This. Book. It was just perfect from beginning to ending. It surprised me in places, and the Last Dramatic Scene was amazing. Totally not what I expected at all. R. J. Anderson's done a new twist on traditional fairies. The characters were interesting, and bringing in adults was a new one on me, but I really cared about them. I liked it. It was new, and fresh, and it totally immersed me.

Yes, there was an infodump at the start, but you know what? I don't care. Yeah. It was that good.

-----

Urban fantasy written by a Christian author... I'm in heaven. Pardon the pun. From what I've heard about Knife, it's to do with more traditional fairies, not the 'very scary faries' type of thing, which is sort of what I was thinking of writing.

Then again, I could have gotten the wrong end of the stick entirely.

But anyway, I've been waiting and waiting for the library to get it in stock and it's finally HERE!!!

Two Weeks Later:

...and then I kept it on my shelf because I love having a new book I haven't read before just there. Finally got there. It took me a couple of pages to get into this, but I like the main character, and the humans intrigue me. I can also see a few subplots being set up. There was a pretty big infodump at the start, so just be aware of that, but once you get past that, it's pretty much smooth sailing. Traditional fairies are love!

Anyway, after I finish it, I'm reading it again to get a better judgement.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knife.

10/30/2009 page 95