Debbie 's Reviews > High Noon

High Noon by Nora Roberts

Oct 17, 09

bookshelves: romantic-suspense
Read in August, 2008

Hostage negotiator Lieutenant Phoebe MacNamara knew at a young age what she was good at, she had seen it from the hostage point of view. Years of dedication put her on the top, and to some, a women should not be in that positon. The personal attack she found herself in made her consider all of the people in her life, her new guy Duncan Swift, she had met him just after talking one of his former employees off the ledge, her agoraphobic mother, who had refused to leave the house even though that long ago monster had been dealt with, and her daughter, that lovely seven year old. Phoebe has the strength of will, but will she find the right tactic before everything she has ever wanted is taken from her?

This story is really good, it has a lot of twists, some of them expected and some of them just great. I always enjoy Nora Roberts as a romance writer, she has added a lot of the thriller/suspense to this book that was fabulous to see mixed in. I think I fell in love with Duncan and his easy way of making everyone around him so relaxed and safe at the same time even though he really didn't do anything, Phoebe was the hero over and over again. I wanted to see Meeks say something to her in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Noon.