Lindsey (Word Me Write)'s Reviews > Just Listen

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

Oct 17, 2009

Read in January, 2008

There are four books that tie for the best book I have ever read. This is one of them. The book reduced me to tears several times and had a really excellent last line. I loved it from the very first page. I fell in love with Annabel, but I especially loved her sisters. Whitney was my favorite part of the entire story because she was so eerly similar to myself. So many lines of this book are utterly remarkable. I have my own copy in which I have highlighted all my favorites! This is the Sarah Dessen's best book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Listen.

Quotes Lindsey (Word Me Write) Liked

Sarah Dessen
“Don't think or judge, just listen.”

Sarah Dessen
“It was like when you're a little kid and you run into your teacher or librarian at the grocery store or Wal-mart and it's just so startling, because it never occurred to you they existed outside of school.”

Sarah Dessen
“There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying.”

Sarah Dessen
“So many versions of just one memory, and yet none of them were right or wrong. Instead, they were all pieces. Only when fitted together, edge to edge, could they even begin to tell the whole story.”

Sarah Dessen
“I thought again how you could never really know what you were seeing with just a glance, in motion, passing by. Good or bad, right or wrong. There was always so much more.”

Sarah Dessen
“Music is a total constant. That's why we have such a strong visceral connection to it, you know? Because a song can take you back instantly to a moment, or a place, or even a person. No matter what else has changed in your or the world, that one song says the same, just like that moment.”

Sarah Dessen
“I was beginning to see, though, that the unknown wasn't always the greatest thing to fear. The people who know you best can be risker, because the words they say and things they think have the potential to be not only scary but true, as well.”