Leroy Seat's Reviews > Acts of Faith: The Story of an American Muslim, the Struggle for the Soul of a Generation

Acts of Faith by Eboo Patel

Nov 06, 09

Read in November, 2009

I don't give many books five stars, but I gave the maximum to this book not because of the book itself but because of the story it tells and the ongoing work of the author. I think Patel's story, which he tells well, and the work he is doing is so important I want as much as possible to encourage others to read it.

I especially liked what Patel wrote about pluralism in the last chapter. That is the kind of pluralism I affirm, and I hope everyone can come to embrace that same sort of respect for people of other traditions. The pluralism he affirms, and I heartily agree with, is not one that is in place of or in spite of one's faith commitment but rather a pluralism that springs from that faith commitment.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acts of Faith.

message 1: by Humanagenda (new)

Humanagenda Thanks for the endorsement of "Acts of Faith". I agree that it is a powerful story. I look forward to meeting Eboo next week and discussing this book with you and others on Wednesday. Thanks for endorsing this type of pluralism. It is part of my life's passion. I rejoice that I have friends in prison and in KC with whom I can share this work. Thanks for being part of that sacred/human community Leroy.
David Nelson