Shesten's Reviews > Lenore: Noogies Color Edition

Lenore by Roman Dirge

Jan 16, 10

Read in October, 2009

Plot Sketch: This is a collection of little spreads about Lenore, the cutest little dead girl you ever did see. Some are remade fairy tales and nursery rhymes, some are spookier like the remake of Poe's The Raven starring Lenore. My favorites though were Soylent Green (about a limbless cannibal) and Little Bunny Foo Foo (boppage was superb). Oh, and Leap Froggie, where the little girl hops over Lenore into a wood chipper. It starts out with an amazing babysitting tale that could happen to anyone, and ends with a Lenore paper doll to xerox and play with that includes the knife for throwing at people's heads.

Verdict: I Heart It!!!!! I absolutely adore this graphic novel. Completely. It's cute, it's morbid, and had me rolling, and calling people and making them listen to me read it to them through my hysterical laughs (and I know it's not the same without pictures, but I HAD to share). The coloring is exceptional and the so is the wit behind the words. It's inappropriate, uncouth, and irreverant, but it's dang good. Now lest you think that I'm crazy and gone off the deep end, I will say that this is not mainstream American humor. It's not like The Office or 30 Rock, Zack & Cody or Hannah Montana, and this is nothing like what you'll find in a sitcom or romcom. To quote the L.A. Times (on the back cover), "Sweet and strange and slightly discomforting... An unholy union between Tim Burton and Dr. Seuss." I couldn't agree more. Definitely give this a try if you are the least bit intrigued!

more at http://www.iheartmonster.com
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lenore.