Mandy's Reviews > Cosette: The Sequel to Les Miserables

Cosette by Laura Kalpakian

Oct 17, 2009

bookshelves: shelf-o-shame
Read from October 02 to 25, 2010

OK, I have not read this yet, but I feel that I must. Whoever thinks they're worthy of writing a sequel to Les Miz, that will be worthy of Victor Hugo better be good. Otherwise it's going on my Shelf o' Shame, along with Twilight.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cosette.

10/02/2010 page 25
4.0% "Nothing has made me realize how much I truly love the original Les Miserables more than simply the first two chapters of this novel. After proving it wrong twice and feeling a part of my heart be chipped off when the Powder Keg scene was cut, I am left with an even deeper reverence for the two characters whom I once found so easily teased. Thank you Laura Kalpakian. At least, I think your style is nice."
10/03/2010 page 55
8.0% "I would've been fine if it'd started from after Jean Valjean's death, but now she's just claiming the barricade scene as her own. Where was Grantaire, and Joly, and Prouvaire...and BAHOREL?! This new fellow, Verdier, might as well be Bahorel, why not call him that? Of course Bahorel's one of the first to die...bottom line though, I miss my barricade boys." 1 comment
10/07/2010 page 110
16.0% "I can't take this book seriously. Marius's little sex ed. lesson? I think I busted my gut. It's both scary, infuriating, confusing, and hilarious at the same time."
10/09/2010 page 167
25.0% "Jean-Luc Pontmercy, Dolt-Boy...Part Two! Ah, I think I'm falling for him. And the headmaster is hilarious. "The proverbial camel"...haha that's rich. I'm tearing up."
10/16/2010 page 437
65.0% "I can't believe she killed Marius! He was like Fred from Spamalot. But there is kind of hope...they haven't found his body yet! That doesn't help though, now I just want to listen ot Spamalot." 1 comment

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new) - rated it 1 star

Anna Noooooooooooooo!!!!!! Don't do it! I wasted a pretty good dollar to read this piece of junk. Don't do what I did. I felt as if I would throw up when I read the long honeymoon scene, in fact I nearly did and it totally ruined the whole thing for me.