oliviasbooks's Reviews > Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Creatures.

Quotes oliviasbooks Liked

Kami Garcia
“I'm just the librarian. I can only give you the books. I can't give you the answers.”

Kami Garcia
“So why did I think about her every second? Why was I so much happier the minute I saw her? I felt like maybe I knew the answer, but how could I be sure? I didn't know, and I didn't have any way to find out.

Guys don't talk about stuff like that. We just lie under the pile of bricks.”

Kami Garcia
“Any book is a Good Book, and wherever they keep the Good Book safe is also the House a the Lord. ”

Kami Garcia
“Lena's hair was sticking out in about fifteen directions, and her eyes were all small and puffy from crying. So this was what girls looked like in the morning. I had never seen one, not up close.”

Kami Garcia
“Aunt Prue was holding one of the squirrels in her hand, while it sucked ferociously on the end of the dropper. 'And once a day, we have ta clean their little private parts with a Q-tip, so they'll learn ta clean themselves.' That was a visual I didn't need. 'How could you possibly know that?' 'We looked it up on the E-nternet.' Aunt Mercy smiled proudly. I couldn't imagine how my aunts knew anything about the Internet. The Sisters didn't even own a toaster oven. 'How did you get on the Internet?' 'Thelma took us ta the library and Miss Marian helped us. They have computers over there. Did you know that?”

01/09/2010 page 1
0.18% "Woah, did you see the cover of the French edition? Is that beautiful or what?" 3 comments
01/10/2010 page 197
34.99% "It took a bit - maybe 150 pages of average story material - but now I am officially hooked."
show 7 hidden updates…

oliviasbooks Teccc, I can lend it to you after reading, if I want to keep it.

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I really want to read this ^^ I'm in the middle of two good books and all I can think about it is this. I keep it on the table next to my-place-I-always-read =)

oliviasbooks I think I have to force myself to go on with Glass Feet first (though they are good as well), but Beautiful Creatures pulls me now like a tide.

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I started reading it! YAY!

oliviasbooks Sigh. It was too big for my backpack this morning.

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Aww, that sucks =(

I forgot to check the page I was on so I can't update my progress. It's looking good so far.

Lorena And by the by Olivia, you are one of the few people who rated it 3 stars (so did I).This book got a lot of polarized 1 and 5 stars rating. Truly, its none, it is really and simply 3 stars. :P

oliviasbooks I liked it - especially that male main character, but most of it is already forgotten by now.