oliviasbooks's Reviews > Succubus Blues

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

2008: Succubus Georgiana has surprisingly high morals for a creature working for hell. She is very likable and sassy. In addition the story takes place in a bookstore. Bookstore and library novels get a plus in my opinion anyhow. I will read the next volumes but I don't need to rush out and buy them at once. I am still debating with my self, if this book will be a keeper or not.

My status update while re-reading (2016/01/11): "I just read my review from 2008. Frankly, I am stunned. I am plunging with such a happy apprehension into the first re-read of what I consider a favorite series of mine. How strange that I had that rather indifferent stance when I finished the first volume back then."

My verdict after finishing that first re-read (2016/01/17): What a beautiful ending! Somehow knowing what will happen enhanced my enjoyment of the introductory installment. I am adding the missing star, even though a few points remain unsatisfactory (i.e. How can an "employee" of a hellish darkside, who has been firmly established into a hierarchy of corrupting souls and turning people into sinners in a kind of Judaic/Christian sense for a few thousand years, be completely ignorant as the basic underlying mythology for his or her existence is concerned? Why does someone who has been around for a long, long time and understands old Greek, Latin and other forgotten languages need a modern translation of biblical texts to make sense of old-fashioned English phrases ...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Blues.

Quotes oliviasbooks Liked

Richelle Mead
“We all have moments of weakness. It’s how we recover from them that really counts.”
Richelle Mead, Succubus Blues

Richelle Mead
“Love is rarely flawless,” Carter pointed out. “Humans delude themselves by thinking it has to be. It is the imperfection that makes love perfect.”
Richelle Mead, Succubus Blues

01/11/2016 marked as: currently-reading
01/11/2016 page 25
7.0% "I just read my review from 2008. Frankly, I am stunned. I am plunging with such a happy apprehension into the first re-read of what I consider a favorite series of mine. How strange that I had that rather indifferent stance when I finished the first volume back then." 1 comment
01/18/2016 marked as: read