oliviasbooks's Reviews > Sunshine

Sunshine by Robin McKinley

Oct 17, 2009

bookshelves: favorites, stays-with-me, urban-fantasy-paranormal, vampires, read-2008, in-love-with-the-cover, adult-fiction
Read in November, 2008

Cinnamon, wards and blood
Wow ... I like it immensely. I don't know how Mrs. McKinley managed to describe Constantine as ugly, non-talkative, definitely non-human and yet made him attractive to the reader and the heroine. In addition the world unfolds slowly but beautifully: A nowadays USA, but after the so-called "Voodoo Wars" between humans and "others" which reduced both the population and the available living space. Keep sweets at hand: The constant talk of rolls, muffins, apple pies and "Dark Chocolate Death" makes your mouth water. This is a keeper!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunshine.

Quotes oliviasbooks Liked

Robin McKinley
“So, what do you do when you know you have two days to live? Eat an entire Bitter Chocolate Death cake all by myself. Reread my favorite novel. Buy eight dozen roses from the best florist in town--the super expensive ones, the ones that smell like roses rather than merely looking like them--and put them all over my apartment. Take a good long look at everyone I love.”
Robin McKinley, Sunshine