Claire's Reviews > You Can Get Arrested for That: 2 Guys, 25 Dumb Laws, 1 Absurd American Crime Spree

You Can Get Arrested for That by Rich Smith

F 50x66
Oct 21, 2009

did not like it
Read in October, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I'm not sure I've ever read a book that inspired such a need for a red pen before. I barely remember the plot of this book because I spent so much time editing each sentence in my head as I went along. Other than the bad writing, it's also a pretty boring story. Yes, most of the laws he breaks are inane, but that doesn't mean they're interesting and inane. He does meet some American characters along the way that are either stereotypically ignorant, bigoted, or blonde. The outcome of each encounter is clearly meant to solidify the author's opinion that anyone British is better than anyone American.

Two of the best laws he broke were that it's illegal to walk across the street on your hands in Hartford, CT, and it's illegal to wear a goatee in the state of Massachusetts. There. I've spared you from having to read 237 pages of really bad writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Can Get Arrested for That.