Matt's Reviews > All You Need Is Kill

All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka

Oct 16, 09

bookshelves: sci-fi, war

I loved this book. I didn't know what to expect when I went into it, but I am very pleased with the results. Keiji is stuck in a time loop, forced to relive the same battle over and over against a race sent to recolonize the earth, creatures called Mimics that look like dead bloated frogs filled with nanobot sand that kills normal humans on contact. Insert the UDF and the Jacket troops. Piloting giant mechanized suits of destruction, Keiji relives the same fight, his first fight ever, over and over again. Every time he dies, he is reborn again on the next day to try to over come his problem. Through this he meets Rita Vrataski, the full metal bitch, a Valkyrie of war, someone known to have killed more mimics than anyone else. Keiji strives to be like her, to fight and win like her, becoming better and better every loop. A super fast read, I devoured this book over three days, and wished there was more to come back to after the fact. I'm sure I will read it again, and suggest it to all of my friends.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All You Need Is Kill.