LiteraryLover's Reviews > Moonshine

Moonshine by Rob Thurman

I'm finally starting to feel better today, but I have to catch up on homework so this review won't be much either. I liked it as much as the first, even though there were parts where it seemed to lag a bit. The brothers more than made up for it though. I need more Niko however. I'm not one of those people who have hang-ups about first-person at all. But I do have to say I kinda wish there would be a chapter or two in Niko's point of view. He's just always so mysterious seen through Cal's eyes. Perhaps he'd lose that if you got his POV, but that doesn't make me less curious. This series is very addicting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonshine.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Beanbag Love Mmmmm. Cal and Niko. Yum. And Robin. Rawr.

Hope you like it. :D

LiteraryLover So far it's been as fantastic as the first :) this series is very addicting

Beanbag Love The next one, Madhouse, is the creepiest, I think. But you're right, they're all addicting. I can't wait for the next one in 2010.

Beanbag Love Glad you're feeling better, Summer! Nice review. Moonshine is my least fave of the series -- although that's just relative. I love all of them.

The kin does confuse me a bit. Which ones are more wolf, how much wolf, what do they look like to those who don't know they're wolf. Very hard to visualize.

Hope you like Madhouse. Sawney is one twisted, scary villain.

message 5: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Great review, Summer!! Hope you are feeling much better!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Niko is so freaking hot. I want to ask him to marry me! I'm sorry you were sick, Summer.

message 7: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL, I bet the author would love to hear that. I think I must read this series now. >:D

Miriam My library has books 3 and 4 but not 2. Do you think it would be okay to skip to 3 without reading 2?

LiteraryLover Thanks everyone for the comments! New_user, I highly recommend the series but be sure to buy/borrow a few at a time since they're like crack. Miriam, you have read the first one right? If so, I wouldn't say it would be too difficult skipping to 3. There are some important characters and plot points introduced in 2 that might throw you for a loop if you skip it. So I guess I wouldn't recommend it, I would try and buy it used or something if I were you. But if the library is your only source I wouldn't say you would be unable to follow three either.

Miriam Thanks for the input. Yes, I've read 1. My library has this unfortunate habit of only keeping the newest book in a series. I've been watching the used paperback place with no luck so far, but I'll keep looking.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I hope you're able to get copies, Miriam.

Miriam Thanks! I really enjoyed the first book, and am looking forward to his new series as well.