Sara's Reviews > Dull Boy

Dull Boy by Sarah Cross

Oct 15, 09

bookshelves: 2009, young-adult
Read in October, 2009

Avery is your typical teen boy - with superpowers. He's super strong, has the ability to fly, and yet hides these powers from the world, scared he'll be studied by scientists if anyone finds out. As he soon discovers, he's not the only one with powers; there's a whole group of people who have some sort of superpowers, and they form a superpowered crime-fighting group, which soon turns into a group dedicated to fighting against a villain wanting to take them away and train them for her own purposes.

It's a fun story overall, and there were a number of scenes where I thought the narration (from Avery's point of view) was spot on. His first impressions of other characters are amusing to read, and I liked all the different powers that came into play in the course of the book.

There's a lot of action in this book - so much, in fact, that it feels like the constant actions scenes took up space that should have been used for character development. I finished feeling that I still didn't fully know the characters, and even though the plot was entertaining, not really knowing the characters cut into my enjoyment of the novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dull Boy.