Joslyn's Reviews > It's Easy Being Green: A Handbook for Earth-Friendly Living

It's Easy Being Green by Crissy Trask

Oct 08, 07

Recommended for: anyone who wants ideas for simple things they can do to live a greener life
Read in October, 2007

This book is really helpful. Unlike a lot of the 'get green' books I looked into, this one was not a list of products to buy or things that will cost you money. One of my main beefs with the enviromentalist movement is that it has turned into another excuse to buy new stuff, when in reality thats the heart of the problem. Being greener is about consuming less and although this book does give some suggestion of better alternatives to products or simple inexpensive things to reduce your energy or water use, it mostly gives some really helpful ideas on how to make easy changes beyond the obvious. It has an easy format to remember exactly the ideas you want to put to use and rate the progress you've made on putting them into practice. There are also some longer explanatory chapters that are motivating and informative and a resources chapter for changing what and where you buy everyday items like sheets and beauty items.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Easy Being Green.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dayna (new)

Dayna Interesting. I should check this out, because like you, my main beef with being "green" is that it's just a new consumer market ... buy-buy-buy. I haven't actually looked for a lot of books on this subject, but what I have seen always is about what/where to buy and that's about it ... that or else total sustainable living which isn't all that achievable for most of us.