Aimee's Reviews > Speak of the Devil

Speak of the Devil by Jenna Black

Dec 30, 09

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read in December, 2009

Morgan Kingsley is back in the fourth book of the Morgan Kingsley series, Speak of the Devil. In this one, she's being sued for the death of one of her clients. Her license is suspended and she's broke. On top of all that, she's being stalked by a psycho demon out to make her life a living hell.

I really like this series. The one was no exception to that. I only have two small complaints. 1). The recapping is a bit much. It felt like there were pages and pages of recapping from past books. It was a little redundant. 2). There was a dry section or two in the middle and towards the end. But they were short-lived and the story picked back up after a few pages.

What I really liked...the scene at the end with Brian. ::SQUEEEEE:: I liked that she finally mixed things up with Brian and Morgan. It was starting to get boring. The same problems over and over. It needed a wrench thrown in there. It was nice to see Brian finally grow some balls. I liked that Morgan is finally coming to terms with Adam and Raphael being her allies and not her enemies. There was some actual growth going on there. YAY, Morgan! It's about time!

I'm interested in seeing where the next book takes them. I'll be on the lookout for it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Speak of the Devil.

12/30/2009 page 141
41.96% "Just when I was getting bored with the whole "Morgan and Brian" saga she throws a wrench in the works! BRAVA!"
12/30/2009 page 205
61.01% "Was doing great..then everything seemed to come to a screeching halt. I hope it picks back up again soon." 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Darcy I just read where she turned in the last book in this series and isn't contracted for any more. I thought that was interesting as I really like this one and think it is different. She is working on a YA series that she has a contract for 3.

I think my favorite part of these books is the uncomfortableness she has around Adam and how he does stuff to make her more so. It just cracks me up!!

Aimee I know! Isn't that great!?! I love that no matter how hard she tries not to show it, she always blushes. She could be missing 3 pints of blood...but she'd still blush when Adam makes a comment.

Darcy I knew you would love the last scene!! I thought it was a great one.

Aimee I think I held my breath through most of it..lol.