Noelani's Reviews > Queen of Camelot

Queen of Camelot by Nancy McKenzie

Nov 01, 09

Read in November, 2009

I love Arthurian Legend. I've read a lot of it-mostly the obscure stuff-you mention a popular or "famous" book on Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and in all likelihood you'll receive my famous "blank stare". Despite the fact that I have yet to read "Le Morte De Arthur" (but have indeed read "The Once and Future King") I have a lot of Arthurian trivia stuffed away in odd corners of my mind. For this reason "The Mists of Avalon" gets thrown across the room in fits of rage every time I pick it up.

"The Queen of Camelot" is brilliant. For the first time in literary or cinematic form I am endeared to Guinevere. Her strength, her sense of purpose, her love for Arthur (and Lancelot), her devotion to her king and country... All of these things are portrayed in a fashion which does not make her appear weak willed or simple minded-as is often the case.

For those of you who enjoy a good tale of Camelot, especially if you're a fan of Guinevere, I highly recommend that you pick up this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Camelot.