PurplyCookie's Reviews > Perfect Mistake

Perfect Mistake by Kate Brian

Dec 07, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: book-series, bitch-lit, guilty-pleasure, young-adult, boarding-school, revenge
Read in December, 2009 , read count: 1

Arianna thought that by going to boarding school under a different name, she could move on in life. However, the last person she expected to join her showed up. Ariana cannot turn Kaitlynn in, because if she does, Kaitlynn will expose all of her secrets and they will both be back in prison faster than blinking. At first, the things Kaitlynn demands of Ariana are small - such as an invite to the exclusive NoBash party.

I must say I was a bit disappointed with this one. Not only was it a short read (compared with the first two in the series) but it felt like Ariana hasn't accomplished anything. Sure, she's finally accepted into the group of friends she's trying her best to be ingrained to and acquired accommodations at the plush Privilege House. Of course, it does help that one of Atherton-Pryce's secret societies (Stone and Grave) extended her an invite but she has basically run into obstacle after another created by the wily Kaitlynn.

Where's that psychopath we all know and love? I'm still rooting for Ariana to come out of her shell, so to speak, and show that Kaitlynn exactly what she deserves. This book, like many of Kate Brian's, ends on a thrilling and devastating cliffhanger, and will leave you hungry to read more. I can't wait for things to move at a (hopefully) more frenetic pace with the fourth book, "Sweet Deceit."

Book Details:

Title Perfect Mistake (Privilege, Book 3)
Author Kate Brian
Reviewed By Purplycookie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Mistake.