XMC's Reviews > Geography Club

Geography Club by Brent Hartinger

Oct 16, 09

bookshelves: 2009-2010-reading-advisory-bcchs
Read in October, 2009

This book should be banned. They shouldn't be read by kids. I don't really like this book because it is mostly about this school with students who are gay and liz. Since their schoolmates hate people who are gay, these students/characters include an Asian started a club which is geography club. Geography club is just a shell for GAY CLUB (these two words has a G as the first letter) I don't want to read it again, this book is a book that talks about gay students at school and lying to teachers that they have to started a club that help them study for geography. I don't have a favorite part, the worst part I had read is the ending of the story, where Kevin and the main character goes together even when they are the same sex. After reading this book, I felt I am part of this book because of there is a Asian girl is liz, when I read that part, I felt I am liz too. I am going to throw up. I learn a fact after reading this book, it is that do not read the book by its title
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geography Club.

message 1: by John (new)

John Any review starting with "This book should be banned", followed by an illiterate homophobic rant wins my vote for Worst Review Ever.

message 2: by Bettie☯ (new)

Bettie☯ John wrote: "Any review starting with "This book should be banned", followed by an illiterate homophobic rant wins my vote for Worst Review Ever."

Yes John - illiterate indeed but it sounds as if the meaning of the words come from an older person and just dumped here any ol' how. The impact is the same, however!

message 3: by Greyweather (new)

Greyweather "I learn a fact after reading this book, it is that do not read the book by its title"

What the hell does that even mean?

message 4: by John (new)

John I'm hazarding a guess that the intent was something along the lines of: "I thought this book would be about kids interested in geography - teach me to take a book's title literally."

Katie There should be a dislike for reviews. I'm also wondering why you gave this book three stars ('I Liked It') when you clearly hate everything the plot stands for?