lamarcus brown's Reviews > The Koran

The Koran by Anonymous

Apr 16, 07

Read in January, 1997

It's the Koran. Even if, like me, you are not religious you should still read the Koran since it is such a big part of this world. If for no other reason than to have some sort of understanding into what everyone is talking about and fighting over and if you are religious, if you are Christian or Muslim you HAVE to read this so that no one else can tell you what it says; if you rely on others they can mislead you, whether purposely or not, down the wrong path to understand the true message of this collection of stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Koran.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shanawaz Ali Thanks for appreciating and understanding the Quran .... as a muslim it pleases me beyond measure that u read it for yourself and did not rely on others who say it preaches war .... plz recommend to anyone. JazzakAllah to u

Aqsa it gives me pleasure to know that you read it and understood its meaning.we need people to understand it and remove their misunderstanding about muslims and islam..

message 3: by Rita (new) - rated it 1 star

Rita Well said, read it and judge for yourself and don't let other people's opinion taint yours.

Kenny I agree with the advice to read the book yourself rather than rely on the synopses of others. But I wonder if you yourself read it, since you describe it as a "collection of stories." Anyone who goes in expecting such a thing is sure to be disappointed, as it's really a collection of sermons. What little narrative content there is is incidental, just as in any modern sermon the preacher may reference a scriptural story to garnish the argument.

Doaa Samir u knu what? am a muslim myself and i cudnt make a better review than urs. fair poit, well made (chapeau)

Mohammed Jalloh Thank you very much for actually trying to understand the quran. I can only read like 10 surahs...