Erica (daydreamer)'s Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

I absolutely love this book. I can never contain my excitement over it. It is brilliant, romantic, poetic, it's just simply amazingly incredible. How anyone could not like, no- love, this book is beyond me. I am in love with Mr. Darcy. Tall, dark, and handsome, how could I not? He has faults, yes, but that just makes him that much more likable and believable. I love Elizabeth's wit and character, and seeing her change from hating Darcy, to loving him completely. And I want to hit Mr. Collins over the head for his stupidity and ignorance of women's feelings and thinking he knows their thoughts!

Elizabeth's and Mr. Darcy's love for each other is so romantic and beauitful. It is timeless, undergoing trials and contempt before it could blossom into something truly majestic and true. Their love for each other is sweet and shy, yet sincere and ardent. Several times during the book I had to laugh, or found myself smiling stupidly over the awkwardness their love goes through, when Elizabeth starts to harbor feelings of gratitude and respect for Mr. Darcy which slowly turn into true love, and then seeing Darcy's changed character and that he still loves Elizabeth, and more, since she vehemently rejected him.

Reading Pride and Prejudice just makes me giddy with delight. The romance makes me sigh in contented bliss, and root for Lizzy and Darcy. This is an absolute beloved classic, one that I will love and reread eagerly forever.
4 likes · Likeflag

Quotes Erica (daydreamer) Liked

Jane Austen
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”

Jane Austen
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”

Jane Austen
“I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”

Jane Austen
“To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love”

Jane Austen
“An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do.”

Jane Austen
“They were within twenty yards of each other, and so abrupt was his appearance, that it was impossible to avoid his sight. Their eyes instantly met, and the cheeks of each were overspread with the deepest blush. He absolutely started, and for a moment seemed immoveable from surprise; but shortly recovering himself, advanced towards the party, and spoke to Elizabeth, if not in terms of perfect composure, at least of perfect civility.”

Jane Austen
“Yes," replied Darcy, who could contain himself no longer, "but that was when I first knew her; for it is many months since I have considered her as one of the handsomest women of my acquaintance.”