Veena's Reviews > Soul Catcher

Oct 21, 2009

bookshelves: arc, won-in-giveaway, ebook, 2009-read
Recommended for: Paranomal Fiction Fans
Read in October, 2009 — I own a copy

Wow... that was some read! I am not really sure, how to really kick-start this review...but I really think it was the kind of roller-coaster ride, I love once in a while!
Soul Catcher is the story of Livia, who is a soul catcher and Ian who is her soul-mate and a soul-hunter. In every life they find each other and are destined to fight the daemons. But one particular daemon tracks them down in every life and is bent on taking violent revenge every time. For some reasons Livia doesn't want Ian to find her, but he finally gets to her and is not going to let go easily this time. Livia has to fight the ugly daemons but a more difficult war is inside her, she has to fist accept who she is and she has to save the world of beautiful souls by sending these daemons and there folks to place they deserve.
I loved all the characters. I loved Ian, who was the complete opposite of the introvert Livia. I loved the way author portrays him. I must admit the book started on a violent note and is grim for sometime, but then there are some very nice tender moments. I love all the boons, angels and the pogs. I love the Talking Rock... ok I love almost everything except for... the language, the F word is there in every other of Livia's dialogues, but I was not bothered by it like many other books. This one, actually showed the frustration that the modern Livia faced and her sarcasm towards her situation . But it gets OK towards the end. Then there are some really violent se*ual torture scenes. Oh my! I was so ANGRY when those happened and sad. That's the feeling, I think the author wanted to instill in the reader. Then there are some s*x scenes too, tender and most importantly they are not badly done. It is a requirement, the story needs it and it is done nicely. If you have issues with any of the above things that I mention, then I guess you would not want to read it... but despite of everything, I enjoyed it immensely.
It was a page-turner and it has some kick-ass action. I really liked the concept of souls passing on... I actually kind of feel like believing in it too... it is so much less painful.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Catcher.

10/13/2009 page 9
3.41% "“Paint them. Trap them. Burn them.”"
10/13/2009 page 28
10.61% "God this is Awesome!"
show 6 hidden updates…