Emily's Reviews > Thirsty

Thirsty by Tracey Bateman

Oct 15, 09

Read in October, 2009

Wow. This book was not what I expected it to be. I am very disappointed that Tracey Bateman decided to go with a Vampire book. It's such a trendy theme and she's such a fabulous author. I have always loved her books, until now. However, the book was very well written. The other characters were wonderful. The story line was catching but why the vampires? If I had known that's what the book contained I would not even have bought it. Hopefully this doesn't become her new series....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirsty.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Bateman Hey Emily,
Man, I'm so sorry to disappoint you. Thank you for reading the book anyway and for enjoying the other elements of the story.
Thanks for the kind words and there will be another vampire novel. I know that these books aren't for everyone and again, I'm so sorry for disappointing you.
In 2010 I will be writing another 3 book historical romance set under the name Tracey Cross for Love Finds You, put out by Summerside Press. No vampires. :)
Hugs!!

message 2: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Hi Tracey,
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time to actually read & respond to what your readers think (even if it wasn't all positive feedback).
After having some time to really ponder all the elements of "Thirsty" I can see I might have been hasty in my comments. I'm still not a vampire fan but I can see the connection you made between the vampires & alcoholism. And you're right, not all genres/themes/characters are for everyone & I still consider you one of my favorite authors. :)
I'm looking forward to the historical romance series. (Anymore "Claire" books coming out?) Thank you again & I appreciate what you bring to the Christian fiction arena. Keep the awesome books coming!

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Bateman Hi again, Emily,
Thanks so much for being willing to consider the elements in Thirsty and why I did what I did.
I so wish CLAIRE was a possibility. I'd love to do one more book. She's one of my favorite heroines. If not THE fav. I learned a lot writing that series and the drama queens. I really enjoy writing suspense and might hang my hat here for awhile.
Thanks again for your comments.
God Bless!